Top Work and Travel Programs in the USA

Most people are dreaming of spending some time for work and travel in the U.S. However, with the country’s rich culture and beautiful places have to offer, most of the tourist would want to stay longer.

In this article, we will talk about the top work and travel programs in the U.S. where you can stay longer compared to regular work-related trips:

Summer Work Travel Program

If you are a full-time university or college student who wants to spend a summer working and living in the U.S., you may apply for a J-1 visa which will allow you to work for a seasonal job. Some businesses need an extra workforce to fill in some positions during the summer months. These job openings include restaurants, outdoor events, and amusement parks.

You may want to check some listings of programs offered online to see if you are qualified to participate. Some organizations can also provide you some help with the application process and getting J-1 visa documentation.

Au Pair Program

This program will let you stay with a host family for one whole year, which can be extended to another six, nine, or 12 months. However, this program needs you to have the ability to speak in English good enough to be successful with the interview. Only ages between 18-26 are allowed to apply for this program.

Camp Counselors

Like the Au Pair Program, this program aims to expose the American kids to different foreign people and cultures. It has the same qualification as the Au Program, but there is no upper age limit. However, the type of job roles that you can get in the camp is limited.

Physician Program

This program is for foreign physicians to visit the country to join a graduate medical training and education at authorized American medical organizations. While the program asks for tons of requirements for you to meet, it is important to become a well-prepared medical doctor in any part of the world.

While working and traveling in the U.S. may require some to acquire a visa. On the other hand, if you only want to travel the U.S. for tourism purposes only, getting an esta usa is a lot easier than getting a visa.